Thursday, April 21, 2011

Gathering of friends

4/16/11
My brother and I went on an adventure that day. We were invited to an event entitled The Electromatik & Vibetastic Verovasion Experience held at Vero Beach. When we arrived at the site, we were greeting with all good people. We all went to the Atlantic beach where we body surfed and had a great time! That night was an experience I will never forget. Full of music, entertainment from Acrodamus, and lots of lots of visual entertainment. I created multiple art pieces where one I collaborated with individuals. Overall I was moved of all the good friends I made that night. That inspired me to execute an art piece I was working on before. Before this gathering, I was provided a large canvas from my uncle. My idea behind my art piece was to NOT use the canvas for painting but use a different medium or multiple mediums. After the gathering, I wanted to incorporate my experience of positive vibes through this art piece.

Here is my results. Hope you enjoy! :)



















3 comments:

  1. We're both art students and I feel like I can be honest with you, as I would be any other classmate of mine. It's hard to critique abstract art because it's so subjective so I'll just give you my personal opinion.

    I really like where you're going with this. I think the story behind it is very cool and I appreciate it. Not many artists have a real meaning behind their work. I like that you didn't want to use paint on your canvas and that's great. My suggestion would be to treat the canvas before you use other mediums. Any type of chalk is going to smudge once you move the canvas around too much (believe me, Ive had this happen to me multiple times).
    I think everything kind of hits one note. My eyes don't really glance around the canvas; I'm not really sure where to start. The colors are awesome and I like that you incorporated so many into one. But they all have the same tone or a dull tone. My suggestion would be to give it more dimension by working the colors more. There's some details you put into this that don't stand out much.
    I love love love the fact that you put so many patterns into this. Patterns are hard work and it shows how much time you put into it. The small dots are also very cool. I'm kind of disappointed that they aren't prominent enough. I can barely see them and they're only visible in the close up shots.
    I think overall you should polish up your work. While smudges and running is fine, It doesn't look intentional in your work which makes it look messy. Overall, I think you really have something good here. I enjoy your concept and your overall message & background story.

    I hope that helps, if anything. I'm not sure what you were trying to do with it technically so I went off assumption.

    ReplyDelete